Toshiba Canvio Basics 500GB Portable External Hard Drive 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 - Black - HDTB305EK3AA
External Hard Drives by Toshiba
Toshiba Canvio Basics 500GB Portable External Hard Drive 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 - Black - HDTB305EK3AA
Add to Cart »Whether at your desk, or on the go, its timeless design means it’ll always look good. What’s more, the hard drive also allows you to connect to older hardware, with USB 2.0 compatibility. Box Contains Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 micro-B cable Quick Start Guide User's Manual (pre-installed on the hard drive) Warranty Leaflet
Costumer review about Toshiba Canvio Basics 500GB Portable External Hard Drive 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 - Black - HDTB305EK3AA
I haven't tested a load of HDDs so can't compare. I've used this with a portable file manager gubbins (a RAVPower RP-WD03) to backup SD cards whilst travelling. Worked fine with that although the gubbins is only USB 2.0 so no speed benefit. Just tested transferring a 3.99 GB file to and from this drive to my PC's SSD via a USB 3.0 interface. File was 4,193,318 KB and took within a second of 40 seconds each way (I make that about 102 MB/s). Windows reported higher speeds at times when writing to the Toshiba HDD than the other way, but also paused a few times during the copy which knocked back the average transfer rate. I'm not sure whether the pauses were down to my PC or the drive. Definitely useful speed though for handling video.It's nice and slim but I guess they all are and looks well enough made (difficult to say much about a small black box with one LED). Photos should give an idea of dimensions.